Community Leadership Facilitation Deep Dive Day
Community leadership/facilitation was the most requested topic by attendees at our August 2017 Leadership Retreat...we hear you!
Confident, skilled, and knowledgeable leaders are an important factor for thriving and vibrant communities. Effective community leaders take on the task of getting the right people at the table and know how to successfully facilitate the group. These learned skills not only help to better serve the community as a whole, they are used to artfully lead and inspire participants in staff, committee, board, and volunteer meetings.
For this training, we’re bringing foundation staff (at all levels and backgrounds) a team of facilitation experts from Purdue Extension’s Community Leadership Program and Giving Focus. These trainers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience on facilitation strategies and have worked with many in our field.
Participants of this event will:
- Receive tips and tools for effective meetings
- Learn to create concepts for results-oriented objectives and creating a good meeting environment
- Receive an understanding of coalition and committee challenges and opportunities
- Address challenging behaviors and situations in facilitation
- See examples of how foundations have been successful through facilitation improvement
- Model facilitated conversations
- Explore concepts of working together in effective groups and addressing conflict
The day will be jam-packed, so we ask that you please arrive early to register. Our program will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m., and it will last until 4:00 p.m.
This event is designed for, but not exclusive to, community foundation executive directors, board chairs/members, and staff members who lead or attend internal or external meetings for your foundation.
- Kris Parker, Community Development Regional Education, Purdue Extension
- Tamara Ogle, Community Development Regional Educator, Purdue Extension
- Andrea Prouix Buinicki, President, Giving Focus, LLC
For a printable PDF of the speaker bios, please click here.
$60 for IPA/GIFT Members
$90 for Nonmembers
Please register by 2/21/18.
You must be logged into the website to register; then click the "Register Now" button above. If you do not have an existing account, you may register for one here. Please allow 48 hours for account approval, or for immediate access you may contact Marilee Steckler at 317-630-5200 Ext. 113.
Questions? Please contact Jalen Roseberry with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 129.
Cancellations received one week prior to this program will be honored with a full refund. No refunds will be issued after this date. In order to view or cancel current registrations, login to your account at www.inphilanthropy.org. Once you are logged in, click on "My Account" at the top of the screen. Your profile will show up in the main body of the webpage. Click on "Registrations" in the menu above your profile. Here you will be able to view all your current registrations and cancel if necessary. You may also contact Jalen Roseberry at 317-630-5200 Ext. 129 to confirm or cancel your registration.