“Mid-sized” Indiana nonprofit organizations can range from $1-10 million in total assets or revenue and 5-25 employees. These nonprofits have the unique challenge of developing leadership, managing growth, and avoiding stagnation. The second webinar in IPA’s 2018 Capacity Building Series will outline solutions that you can use to help mid-sized organizations adapt, grow, innovate, and keep on doing what they do so well.
Facilitated by Jen Pendleton of Aly Sterling Philanthropy, the conversation will feature a grant maker and a nonprofit executive providing input on specific tactics to increase midsized nonprofits’ capacity to fulfill their mission.
- How you can help your mid-sized grantees become sustainable by helping them understand how to balance their mission, capital, and programs.
- Challenges midsized nonprofits face in fulfilling their missions and solutions foundations can implement to meet those challenges.
This program is designed for foundation staff and foundation grant committee members wanting to implement capacity building strategies to enhance their investments in small nonprofit organizations. Foundation staff members are welcome to host a “viewing party” for this webinar and invite their midsized nonprofit grantees to join them for this program.
- Jodi Spataro, Chief Advancement Officer, Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Jennifer Vigran, Chief Executive Office, Second Helpings
- Moderator: Jen Pendleton, Aly Sterling Philanthropy
About Nonprofit Capacity Building Series
IPA is partnering with Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, Nonprofit Finance Fund, Indiana nonprofit executive directors, and Indiana foundation professionals to help you strengthen the impact of your philanthropic investments in nonprofit capacity. Our Nonprofit Capacity Building Webinar Series will include three webinars discussing strategies to help small, mid-sized, and large nonprofit organizations effectively grow, adapt, and deliver stronger programs. Research and best practices will be shared on what Indiana nonprofits need to be more effective and how foundations can support the needs of nonprofits of various sizes and at different points along the nonprofit life cycle. Join us for the following programs:
- January 23 | Capacity Building for Small Nonprofits: Less than $1,000,000 revenue and 0-5 staff
- February 27 | Capacity Building: What Mid-Sized Nonprofits Want and Need: $1-10 million revenue and between 5-25 staff
- March 20 | Capacity Building: What Large Nonprofits Want and Need: More than $10 million revenue and 25+ staff
- April 17 | Capacity Building: Donor Days
Please register by: 2/26/2018
You must be logged into the website to register; then click the "Register Now" button above. If you do not have an existing account, you may register for one here. Please allow 48 hours for account approval, or for immediate access you may contact Marilee Steckler at 317-630-5200 Ext. 113.
Please contact Catrena Morrow with any questions by email or call at 317-630-5200 Ext. 110.