June 8, July 13, August 5, 2021 | 1-3 pm ET
Want to advance equity within your workplace, but unsure where to start?
IPA has partnered with See What I Mean (SWIM) to walk you through a Putting Equity in the Center framework that is focused on your workplace. Join us to think about racial equity in every area of your organization and receive actionable recommendations and resources to help you make progress. Using SWIM's Putting Racial Equity in the Center Assessment within the first session will provide insights on where you can begin.
Intractable as it seems, the problem of racism in the workplace can be effectively addressed with the right information, incentives, and investment. Organizations are relatively small, autonomous entities that afford leaders a high level of control over cultural norms and procedural rules, making them ideal places to develop policies and practices that promote racial equity.
With expertise in community engagement, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), philanthropy, and corporate social responsibility, trainers from SWIM will guide participants through three two-hour virtual sessions. Attendance at each session is encouraged as topics build upon one another.
Each session will rely on sharing among members, connecting you with resources to use after the session, and providing time for dialogue.
During this three-session, virtual workshop you will work on the following:
Gaining executive and board buy-in
- Tools to develop common language, visions, and mission by developing common ground.
- Advice for organizing a racial equity or DEI leadership team in your organization.
- Review results of your Putting Racial Equity in the Center Assessment.
Developing a plan for change in important capacities of your organization
- Using your assessment results, we’ll focus on a few capacities (like communication, community leadership, data, evaluation, etc.) and provide examples, advice, and resources for you to prioritize action.
- We will also help you generate a plan for how to budget and use your influence to bring your plans to fruition.
Examining and adapting our grantmaking to advance equity
- Using assessment questions, you will have the chance to examine how your grantmaking processes, applications, decision making, and evaluation may be inhibiting or accelerating your equity in your grantmaking.
- We will explore what types of grantmaking strategies may best meet the needs of your communities.