2017 IPA/GIFT Regional Forums
It's a wrap! Thanks to everyone who came to #IPAGIFTforum17 to learn about measuring and communicating impact through Results-Based Accountability.
We're grateful for the generous support of our #IPAGIFTforum17 sponors:
Each regional forum, led by Lisa Osterman of Community Solutions, Inc., provided a walkthrough of the Results-Based Accountability (RBA) framework and how to apply it to specific work you are doing (or contemplating doing) in your community. The program was designed for grantmakers and nonprofit organizations who would like to increase collaboration toward common goals. RBA is a simple but powerful framework for moving groups from talk to action around shared goals. Developed by Mark Friedman and described in his book Trying Hard is Not Good Enough, RBA is a simple tool to increase alignment to make – and communicate - measurable change in your community.
The program explored:
- A practical understanding of the principles of RBA.
- How to use the RBA framework to measure results and articulate impact.
- Developing a common language around: Results, Indicators, Baselines, and Performance Measures.
- Learning how funders and partnerships can use language discipline and data to work more effectively.
- June 5: Northeast Indiana (Fort Wayne)
- June 6: Northwest Indiana (Merrillville)
- June 7: Central Indiana (Fishers)
- June 8: Southwest Indiana (Huntingburg)
- June 9: Southeast Indiana (Scottsburg)
CAPACITY BUILDING ROUNDTABLES
Grantmakers were also invited to join our Capacity Building Roundtables, which took place immediately before each Regional Forum. Jen Pendleton of Aly Sterling Philanthropy led each 50-minute facilitated discussion, which provided a summary of our findings from a recent capacity building landscape survey.